With A2 level Chinese, you're able to:
- Understand sentences and frequently used expressions related to areas of most immediate relevance (e.g. very basic personal and family information, shopping, local geography, employment).
- Communicate in simple and routine tasks requiring a simple and direct exchange of information on familiar and routine matters.
- Describe in simple terms aspects of your background, immediate environment and matters in areas of immediate need.
Essential A2 articles
- How to use 长 (cháng) and 久 (jiǔ) correctly in Chinese grammar
- 以前 (yǐqián) and 以后 (yǐhòu) in Chinese grammar: before and after, past and future
- 过 (guò) in Chinese grammar: past experiences, past actions
- 除了…以外 (chúle…yǐwài) in Chinese grammar: apart from, except, in addition
- Chinese grammar: verb + 出来 (chūlái) construction
- Chinese grammar de hua (的话): expressing "if" in Chinese with de hua
- Chinese le grammar summary (了)
Important A2 articles
- The 是…的 (shì…de) construction vs 了 (le) in Chinese grammar
- Five uses of 要 (yào) in Chinese grammar
- The 要是…就 (yàoshi…jiù) construction in Chinese grammar
- When should you put 的 (de) after adjectives in Chinese grammar?
- Past events in Mandarin Chinese grammar (there's no past tense!)
- The 一 ... 就 pattern in Chinese grammar (yī ... jiù): as soon as, once, whenever
- When 在 (zài) comes after the verb in Chinese grammar
Supplementary A2 articles
- The difference between 去 (qù), 走 (zǒu) and 离开 (líkāi) in Chinese grammar
- Using 了 (le) and 过 (guò) in Chinese grammar
- How to use 跟 (gēn) and 也 (yě) correctly in Chinese grammar
- Using 人 (rén) and 男人 (nánrén) - "man" - correctly in Mandarin Chinese
- The difference between 碰见 (pèngjiàn), 遇见 (yùjiàn) and 见面 (jiànmiàn) in Chinese